CEO of Growing Champions, LLC
Show notes: https://www.leanblog.org/426
My guest for Episode #426 of the Lean Blog Interviews Podcast is John Gallagher, Founder and CEO of Growing Champions, LLC, an Executive Coach, Mentor, and Consultant. John was with Simpler Consulting for over a decade after being an operations manager and a division president for two different companies.
He's also the host of a new podcast called The Uncommon Leader. I'll be John's guest in an episode to be released on October 19th.
Today, we talk about topics and questions including:
- Where did you first get exposed to Lean?
- Why were you skeptical about Lean at first?
- Came from MRP batch & queue world
- Rapid Improvement Event or Rapid Planning Event?
- His first sensei, the late Bill Moffitt
- “Comfort the afflicted or afflict the comforted?”
- Who were some of your key mentors?
- Lean Thinking was a key book, the first book he read on Lean
- Being an operations manager vs. a division president… what did you learn from those roles?
- Applying Lean to residential real estate sales
- Healthcare? Patients aren't cars?? Addressing that? Cookbook medicine?
- “Unique care delivered in a standard way”
- Tell us about the podcast… inspired by Tony Dungy's book
- Who have been some of your guests? — Including Paul De Chant
- Who are some of the “uncommon leaders” you have worked for, worked with, or coached? What made them uncommon?
- Posts I was reminded of
- Coaching work? Lean coach to exec coach?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.